Monday, January 11, 2010

Cancer Sucks

That headline is probably the most obvious headline I will ever write, but it is so true. It really sucks. I hate it. Nearly everyone I know has been affected by cancer in some way.

My father died of cancer. Tom's mom died of cancer. The majority of my dad's siblings died of cancer. Tom's mom's siblings died of cancer. And the list goes on. Recently, my 39-year-old cousin, who is healthy otherwise, was diagnosed with stage 2breast cancer. It is aggressive, so they decided her chemo should be aggressive.

She's taken 3 rounds of chemo so far, and there has been good news and bad news. The good news: the tumors have shrunk considerably. HOORAY! The bad news: she was admitted to the hospital yesterday because her blood count is high, she is terribly ill and has of all things, kidney stones.

So, I repeat... cancer sucks.

Keep her in your thoughts and prayers, please. You can learn more about her at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/danaezekiel.

Also keep her parents in your thoughts and prayers. My aunt takes care of her mom (who is home bound) and they don't drive much in the big city.

No comments:

Post a Comment