Friday, January 15, 2010

Doodle me this



So I have this Facebook friend that always posts his doodles. They are fascinating. It got me thinking... anyone who knows me knows that I doodle. All. the. time. So,I thought, hey, I will post my doodles.




This incessant doodling drives the hubs crazy sometimes because he doesn't think I am listening. Quite the contrary. I concentrate better when I am doodling than when I am just staring into space. I'm ust sayin'...



My favorite thing about doodling is trying out new pens or markers. I LOVE THEM. Actually, it may be an unhealthy love, but a love, nonetheless.

Here is a list of things I love about doodling:

1. it helps me concentrate and listen better in meetings.
2. In meetings where people are saying things I find preposterous -- and I want to speak up but shouldn't -- doodling helps me keep my mouth shut. Doodling furiously has, at times, helped save me from popping off at the mouth.
3. Doodling is a creative outlet. Of course, I realize I am in to swirls and dots right now, but dammit, they are my swirls and dots!

More doodles to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment