Thursday, January 14, 2010

Worst. Pregnant Woman. Ever

Yes, I am talking about myself here. I hope you don't find me crass, but I HATE being pregnant. I mean, hate it with the white hot intensity of a thousand suns. Don't get me wrong, I love having a baby (not having the baby, but having it here, with us, as a part of our family.) I am thankful that God has bless me and the Hubs with a beautiful little Toots McGhee and a new baby peanut, who should make his/her debut in May. But I really don't like the pregnancy part. I look awful. I feel awful. My skin is awful. You get it...pregnancy sucks.

Hubs says I have 2 moods right now: tired and hungry. Well, I've got news, it's only going to get worse. This time around, I have been making a conscious effort to eat better foods to help me in the long run. I'm eating fruit, I'm not eating as many sweets. Blah, blah, blah. I'm also trying to walk at least 6 miles a week (which I don't think is too shabby for a pregnant girl.)

Honestly, all I really want to do is sit on my couch and sleep. Or lie in my bed and sleep. Or put my head down on my desk and sleep. Or nod off in meetings or on conference calls. Oh, and when I'm awake, I'd love to just eat. But honestly, the weirdest craving I've had is Pho Saigon's Pho Ga. (For all of you out there who may not know, that is Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup.) Seriously, the best damn soup I've ever eaten. Hands down. No lie. It's the best, Jerry, the best! Before I dig into my soup, I like to partake in some shrimp spring rolls. Oh, and I got through nearly half a jar of chili garlic sauce -- some of the hottest stuff you can put in your mouth!

I know it will all be over soon and I will have a sweet little baby peanut to love and hold and coo with. But for now, I am trying to limit my complaining to a minimum (although Hubs would think and say otherwise.)

Oh wait, did you say something? I was sleeping..... and by the way, I'm hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment