Friday, December 11, 2009

Damn! 8 degrees is cold!



So, no one has ever mistaken me for someone that loves the cold weather. My husband's family, God love them, live in Wisconsin. And boy, its cold there. They always laugh at me when I visit because I am dressed like I live at the North Pole. But they can jest all they want... I stay warm.

So last weekend we decided to visit Nash Vegas with some friends and their kids and purposefully go into a building where Charlie Brown was frozen. Now kids, don't get upset. It wasn't the real Charlie Brown, just one made out of ice. And boy, was it beautiful, and cold.

My husband, being the Peanuts aficionado that he is (the man can name characters that probably Charles Schultz forgot the names)had a smile on his frozen face the entire time. As did my son.

I have to admit, it was very cool. I was expecting ice sculptures, but didn't at all think about the cool colors.

It was a fun family trip and really helped get me in the holiday spirit (as much as i can, of course.) Now, if only I could get Charlie Brown and that darn Lucy to wrap my presents....

No comments:

Post a Comment