Friday, December 4, 2009

Perhaps a little late for Thanksgiving, but...


So hosting Thanksgiving while being pregnant isn't an easy task, but I did it. (with the help of my dear, sweet, very handy mother, of course.) I was especially proud this year because I made my first ever lemon meringue pie. I wanted it to be picture perfect, with a mile-high meringue. I didn't achieve that status, but I was pretty proud of it.
Might I add it also tasted quite yummy. It was a Paula Deen recipe, but I admit, I had trouble with the meringue. I envisioned the fluffy meringue to be 5 inches high, and I actually went through 3 different meringues before I got this one, but alas, I settled.
I soon realized that the big, tall meringues are probably made with about twice the amount of egg whites, and I only used 3 (so said Mother Deen's recipe.)
Oh well, it was tasty and everyone was stufed as Thanksgiving should be. I am thankful for my family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment