Monday, December 21, 2009

Some Kids Just Love Santa Claus... Others, Not So Much





My child falls into the former. He can't get enough of Santa. We had lunch with him last week. He brought him a picture that he drew. We went to see Santa at a friend's house last night, I couldn't get Toots McGhee away from him. I finally had to ask him gently to let Santa take a break. And he wasn't talking to him about what he wanted for Christmas. Oh no. He was making casual conversation with Santa. As in, "On Imagination Movers, Santa didn't say HO HO HO, he said He He He because his pants were too tight from eating too many cookies." Or, he would just talk to him about his life and the fact he will get a baby brother or sister soon. (so cute!)

Mind you, I don't mind. I would much rather him be the kid that loves Santa than the one that detests Santa. We all know that kid. Either they are terrified of him and scream at even the mention of sitting in his lap. And don't let Santa come in the room when they are there. You will never hear such blood curdling screams and clinging to mom and dad. Then there's the kid that sits over in the corner and never takes his/her eyes off santa. But not in a goood way. The kids looks at him in the "if i could i might stab with something" way.

Alas, I am glad my child loves Santa. You just never know what he's going to say to him. For example, Santa had another engagement last event after the party, and my son asked him where he sleigh was. (Santa can't drive a car, can he?) Quick witted Santa replied, "oh, it's on Shady Grove because this street was too narrow." Pretty smart, eh?

And for those of you that know me and know that I am a bit of a scrooge, I posted the pic of the Ray Family with Santa. See, I'm not that big of a scrooge. Just a little.

Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. hey Dawn!! I Love that Santa!! He was at Rachel's school a few years ago. I wish Tripp would have ask him how much he gets for each gig. Hee Hee!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. he comes to a firends house every year to visit the kiddos. he gets $200 in "reindeer food"

    ReplyDelete