Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Big Ben: The Apology

I’ll be the first to admit, I don’t know much about the Ben Rothlisberger allegations. I’ve been preoccupied with this whole baby, pregnancy thing, and haven’t read or seen much about it. But I do know this: he should be punished if he did what the girl accused. I have read there is very little evidence so they couldn’t bring any legal charges against him, but still. He violated the NFL’s personal conduct policy and doesn’t the NFL have enough image problems right now with Michael Vick and others? The NFL suspended the Steelers quarterback for 6 games and he issued an apology to his fans, the Steelers, the NFL, his family, etc.


So, in typical Dawn Ray of Sunshine fashion, I have attempted to break down Big Ben’s statement for you in real language and tell you what he really means.



"The commissioner's decision to suspend me speaks clearly that more is expected of me. I am accountable for the consequences of my actions. Though I have committed no crime, I regret that I have fallen short of the values instilled in me by my family. I will not appeal the suspension and will comply with what is asked of me -- and more.

I was partying it up in Georgia and had a little too much to drink. This girl flirted with me -- I mean, who wouldn’t -- I’m a Super Bowl winning quarterback, and perhaps I took it a little too far. My mother is very disappointed in me. I’m not going to stir the pot and appeal the suspension. I’m lucky I got off with just that.

"Missing games will be devastating for me. I am sorry to let down my teammates and the entire Steelers fan base. I am disappointed that I have reached this point and will not put myself in this situation again.

Pittsburgh is a great place and Steelers fans are really hard core. I’ve been in trouble before and they looked the other way. I hope they do this time. I'm afraid if they don't, they will kick my a$$.  I am disappointed I got caught (I'm smarter than that!) and you can bet I will be more careful next time around.

"I appreciate the opportunities that I have been given in my life and will make the necessary improvements."

I’ve been given great opportunities and I will be more careful the next time I want to party and get some action from the ladies. I will be more discreet. Like Tiger Woods.

There you have it. Don't want to let anyone off the hook.

No comments:

Post a Comment