Friday, April 23, 2010

A letter to the newest Baby Ray...


Dearest Baby Ray, my sweet, unborn child-


As I am entering the final 3 weeks of my pregnancy with you, I find it fitting to write this letter to express how I am feeling in these final few days. I can’t wait to have your sweet, smiling face in our home and watch our family grow. I can’t wait to spend quiet time with you watch and you grow and learn new things. I can’t wait to watch you share tender moments with your father and have your big brother Tripp teach you all the cool stuff to do (and some that you shouldn’t do at all!) Those will be some of the happiest times of our lives, and my heart beams at the love you will bring into our already bursting-at-the-seams-with-love household. But there is one more thing, dear baby, which I have to share with you. I am begging you… please, please, please for the love of God, get off my bladder and stop hurting me.


You are a sweet angel, I am quite sure, but honestly, you are like an alien inside my belly right now. You constantly sit on my bladder. Your feet constantly poke me in the ribs. You are hungry all the time, even when I am not. You make my back hurt. You make my feet swell. You toss and turn like a Olympic gymnast. Frankly, I just want you out.


Not to be mean, dear, sweet little baby, but you will be more fun out than you are in. Your cries will sound like music to my ears, since my back and belly won’t be hurting much anymore. The nighttime feedings will be a treat since I won’t be hungry every hour. The changing 10 diapers a day will be a dream come true since my feet and fingers won’t be so swollen.

I am begging you, sweet angel baby, to come on out now and give your mama a little break. We can’t wait to meet you and shower you with love and kisses. Plus, I will be a lot less grumpy, even on very little sleep.



Much love,


Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment