Thursday, July 1, 2010

I'm Finally Speaking Out




I’ve been silent about this topic for sometime, but I have to break my silence. I don’t like Erin Andrews. There, I said it. Several people have been bashed for saying negative things about her, but I am speaking out. I don’t like her. I don’t take her seriously. She wants to have it both ways. She wants to be a serious sports journalist, but them turns around and poses in Maxim and the like.

Frankly, I think being stalked and filmed through a peep hole in a hotel by a creepy man was probably the best thing that happened to her. Now I know that’s a bold statement, but think about it. Did YOU know who she was before she was taped walking around naked in her hotel room by a stalker? I didn’t think so. Very few people did. Sure, she’s visible on ESPN and you may have known her from there, but let’s face it. She was eye candy for ESPN viewers, the majority of which, happen to be men.

Now, I’m not saying what happened to her was right. Her privacy was violated. She should be allowed to walk around naked in her own hotel room (no matter how strange I think that is, but anyway.) I’m just saying it was the best thing to happen to her career. She became a household name from the media coverage of her stalker. Then, she was asked to shake what her mama gave her on Dancing with the Stars.


And speaking of DWTS, I think it was a bad move for her. I mean, here she is, in the middle of this stalker mess and she is dancing on television doing sultry, sexual dance moves in skimpy clothing with a really handsome dance partner. It just was weird to me. How can I take her seriously as a real sports journalist if she is shaking her rump half naked? The answer: I can’t.


Don’t get me wrong, she is a beautiful woman and is free to pose wherever and however she wants, but don’t expect me to take her seriously when she is half naked. I think she is pretty good at her ESPN job, but when she starts to become a “celebrity” outside of that job, that is when I lost interest and respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment