Friday, July 2, 2010

I'm Just Sayin'...

Apparently, I say "I'm Just Sayin'" a lot. I also apparently blog that phrase a lot. As in "I don't like Erin Andrews... I'm just sayin'..." or "Tiger Woods is such a putz (keeping it clean, but could think of much better words to use) ... I'm just sayin'..." I use it so much, in fact, that Tom suggested I change the name of my blog to I'm Just Sayin'.

I really like the name of my blog, so I'm not changing it. But, I will think I will start a regular feature entitled, you guessed it, "I'm Just Sayin'." Here is the first one. Hope you enjoy.


I'm Just Sayin'...



It's the Fourth of July and it seems there are fireworks safety tips on every news station. Turn on your TV and you will like see warnings about sparklers, firecrackers and roman candles. Now, I think that idiots should not be allowed to use fireworks, but sometimes, it seems idiots are the only ones that do use fireworks. I believe people should be responsible when they are setting something on fire (doesn't everyone?) and a few tips on the news here are there are perfectly fin. (Personally, I am a bit afraid of fireworks and have never lit anything more than a sparkler.) But why must we see the clip of a sparkler being held to a sweet little girl's sundress every year and subsequently watch it burst into flames? I think even idiots know not to hold something on fire up to a little girls dress, don't thye? Of course, I know accidents can happen and likely no one is just holding it up to the dress to watch it catch fire for shits and giggles, but can't we show a more realistic clip? How about just the sparkler getting too close to the little girl's dress instead of some deviant holding it up to the dress (okay, it is a mannequin, but my imagination sees a deviant.) How about warnings of how bottle rockets being shot in the middle of the night can give elderly folks a heart attack (ok, maybe not, but they certainly bother me.)

So on this July 4th holiday weekend, celebrate America and our glorious freedom with family and friends, but please, do not, under any circumstances, put a sparkler to a little girl's dress. I'm just sayin'...

No comments:

Post a Comment